Views
Helpful
Replies

Subscribers get busy when tring to acess/retrieve voicemail on Unity

cooper_69
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Unity 4.X intergrated w/CM 4.x on MGCP gateways. When an outside call from PSTN goes to voice mail the subscriber gets it and can play it no problem. When a subscriber tried to call another subscriber (IP phone to IP phone)caller get busy signal and can not leave a message also if the same user tries to access VM they get a busy signal. I believe there is a SCCP prblem either between the GW/CM/Unity or CM/Unity. Which troubleshooting tool is best to use? If anyone has ran into this or has seen it please help. thanks!

10 Replies 10

culittle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would turn on the Unity macro traces for skinny, these are captured in the svchost file. Also capture the detailed CCM traces

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml

If you see your called number in the svchost file. The call made it to Unity. If not the problem is in CCM.

Also ensure that your Hunt Pilot number is not the same as the port 1 extension. ex hunt pilot 5000, port 1 dn 5001.

If this helps please rate.

Thanks, I did not see a hunt pilot number even configured on this CM. I turned on the Macro trace for Skinny/TSP and found the SVCHOST (C:/I386)but it looks like all 3 files are exacutables. Is this right? I had a hard time reading the CCM trace file. Thanks for your help.

Richard,

I would open the Port Status Monitor in the Tools Depot>Switch Integration Tools. Click Settings>Real Time Display. Press the voice mail button, see if you see anything on Port 1 hitting Unity. If not, open Call Viewer in Switch Integration Tools and see if Unity is seeing the call coming in at all.

One thing I can think of that may be happening is that the CCM configuration is pointing everyone's call to the same voice mail port hence the busy.

If it's fast busy(reorder), may be a CSS misconfiguration. Double check your CCM configuration and that all your VM ports are registered correctly.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate.

Brad

Hi bmagnani,

Thank you, I will try it this morning and let you know what I found.

Rich

Hi Brad,

I launched PSM but did not see a voice mail button. Is it on the PSM app?

No, I was referring to the voice mail button on your phone.

The hunt pilot is actually the voice mail pilot. This has to be different from the first voice mail port.

You get the svchost file by, gathering the the trace files using the Tools Depot,Unity Diagnostic Tool, Gather Log Files, then click select logs,then scroll down to svchost, click the "+" next to it, then check the box next to the file with the matching time and date stamp.

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

This sounds like a permissions problem. If I were you I'd create a CSS specifically for Unity which includes the internal partition for phones etc.

You can then apply this to the VM ports, pilot point and MWI..

Can these people dial the pilot point number from their phones?

Please rate useful posts...

To me this sounds like a problem with how the pilot is configured and or the CSS/Partitions of the phones and vmail ports. If you are getting a busy, then it's not even getting to Unity in the first place. If gateway calls are fine then I would look at how your pilot is configured. The phones should NOT be able to call any of the voicemail ports directly. However they shoud all be able to call the pilot. Also the pilot should be different from the first vmail port dn. In some instances people have configured the same DN for the first vmail port and the pilot which causes random busy signals. I would start with the CSS/Patitions of the phones and the vmail ports and pilot first.

Tray

cooper_69
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

It turned out the TSP needed upgraded (8.0) was installed so downloaded and installed 8.3 and voice mail seems to be fine.

Thanks for everyone's input!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: