cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble with calls routed out FXO port

edguidry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. Simple network with Business Edition server. I have two gateways with MGCP used. Each gateway has an analog line connected to an FXO port. I can route a call to the FXO port without a problem. The problem is the internal IP phone will say "Connected" but you do not hear ringing and the destination doesn't ring. Call disconnects after about 30 seconds.

I noticed that I didn't have the MGCP bind commands configured on the gateway. I added these, deleted and added the gateway ports and tested again. This time the remote destination will ring after some time but the caller does not hear anything including ringing. Will test again to see if the called party can answer and carry a conversation.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and provide guidance as far as determining the cause.

I had this working at one point but all of a sudden was not able to place a call out these analog lines and just don't know what changed.

One thing I notice is that when I setup a gateway port, MGCP does not configure a dial-peer on the gateway. This could be an MGCP config issue?

I have attached a gateway config.

Thanks,

Eddie

2 Replies 2

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

Hello. Simple network with Business Edition server. I have two gateways with MGCP used. Each gateway has an analog line connected to an FXO port. I can route a call to the FXO port without a problem. The problem is the internal IP phone will say "Connected" but you do not hear ringing and the destination doesn't ring. Call disconnects after about 30 seconds. I noticed that I didn't have the MGCP bind commands configured on the gateway. I added these, deleted and added the gateway ports and tested again. This time the remote destination will ring after some time but the caller does not hear anything including ringing. Will test again to see if the called party can answer and carry a conversation. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and provide guidance as far as determining the cause. I had this working at one point but all of a sudden was not able to place a call out these analog lines and just don't know what changed. One thing I notice is that when I setup a gateway port, MGCP does not configure a dial-peer on the gateway. This could be an MGCP config issue? I have attached a gateway config. Thanks, Eddie

After additional troubleshooting, one-way audio being experienced, i discovered that gateways had "ip default-gateway" configured instead of "ip route 0.0.0.0". Works great now. Was not an MGCP issue but a routing issue.