Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 upgrade to the D: partition.

john.caterino
Level 1
Level 1

Running LMS 2.5 on a Windows 2003 server integrated with ACS 3.3

I am forced to unistall LMS 2.5 from the C: and reinstall to D: for space reasons

I also wanted to upgrade to 2.6 at the same time.

I uninstalled IPM, then CiscoWorks followed by a reboot, then deleted the directories.

I then installed:

2.6 bundle single file

3.0.6 common services patch

common services URL patch

common services SNMP patch

common services JRE patch

MDF 1.23 device update common services 4.0.6 RME patch

Campus 4.0.10

Campus 4.0.11

DFM 2.0.10

DFM 2.0.11

reregisted the apps with ACS integration

Everything (devices in other apps selectable) works fine except that almost all device in RME only are unselectable.

job attempts yeild device not supported

After reviewing posts I found

"The way you will know the device package installation is successful is that the .zip files in NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\pkgs and NMSROOT\www\classpath\com\cisco\nm\xms\psu\pkgs\rme are exactly the same."

I shortened the TMP and TEMP variables and disabled virus scanning and repeated the above process

The two directories above remain identical until I load the RME 4.0.6 patch at which time they differ 277 to 258......

Hoping there is something obvious and simple that I am missing...

I won't get funding for CiscoWorks 3.x until next quarter

any help appreciated !!!

19 Replies 19

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you say you repeated the steps above, you started from a clean system, and reinstalled everything? What were your values for TEMP and TMP? Did you shorten both the per-user and the global values?

Yes, I uninstalled everything and started over with TMP and TEMP set to C:\Windows\temp

and disabled virus scanning.

But did you set both the global and per-user variables to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP? It sounds like you may have just set the global values.

The system variables for both TEMP and TMP were already set to C:\windows\temp. Is there somewhere else i need to change them other than in "environment variables" from the advanced tab of "system properties".

also If there is something else to change, will I have to reinstall LMS 2.5 and the rest or can I just reinstall the RME 4.0.6 update. The second time I reinstalled everything I stopped at RME 4.0.6 when the directories did not match.

I don't know if these help but

the number of files before the patch in both directories were 274. After the patch they stand at

WEB-INF\lib\pkgs = 258

psu\pkgs\rme = 277

also the RMEPSUCLI.log shows

warnings for the first 216 files for versions already installed, then it has "java.util.zip.ZipException: the system cannot find the file specified" for the next 8 followed by : "Error package installation failed for (XXXX) d:\cisco\temp\rme_cids_pkgs\xxxx.zip(the system cannot find the file specified)" for the the next 42.

again thanks for your help....

grasping at straws but trying to give you as much info as possible, would the fact that I ran the update remotely using a remote desktop connection have had any affect?

Please post the entire log.

In the Environment variables section, there are two panes. The TEMP and TMP environment variables are in both. You must change both locations. The installation log will indicate if the correct locations were changed as you will see references to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.

After making the changes and rebooting, you can try reinstalling RME 4.0.6 alone. However, we have seen many instances where it is necessary to reinstall all of LMS.

Is the installation log that should show

C:\windows\temp the RMEPSUCli.log all references in there seem to go to D:\cisco\temp "D:\cisco" being the NMSROOT.

the network this box is on is isolated and I may not be able to post the file.. but I'm working on it.

I mean the RME 4.0.6 installation log in C:\.

My bad....

the install file shows TMP and TEMP both set to C:\windows\temp\2 and all other references in the log use C:\windows\temp\2 as well. I am not sure where the \2 came from.

That is fine. The PSU log may have more of a clue why the package installation failed.

again I appologize for not being able to post the log yet.

The PSU.log processes most packages as already installed then has the following entries for the next packages:

XXX represents the pkg name

ERROR [PackageInstaller: LogandUpdateEvent: ]:Package Installation Failed for (XXX) : d:\cisco\temp\rme_cids_pkgs\xxx.zip ( the system cannot find the file specified )

INFO [SIMPLEPROGRESS: ProgressInfo] : Progress : Package Installation Failed:d:\cisco\temp\rme_cids_pkgs\xxx.zip ( the system cannot find the file specified )

INFO [PackageInstaller: InstallStep_InstallAndCommit]: Attempting to undoinstall...

I need the list of failed packages which is why the log would be helpful. Additionally, the RME 4.0.6 installation log would also be helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco