cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need assistance - Changing from T1 CAS to T1 PRI

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

We have 3 sites. The Call manager is at the Buffalo Head quarters. Each site has their own PRI's. The NJ and MD have 1 T1 cas. The nY gateway has 3 T1 Cas. When the carrier changes the T1 Cas to a T1 Pri, do I change the config only on the Voice Gateways or also on the Call manager?? If we have to change things on the Voice Gateway, what should my changes be to accomidate the T1 Cas. Below is the info from the carrier. Also attached is the configs at each site.

From ISP

"The circuits are being changed to ISDN PRI, with signaling set to ESF/B8ZS the hunting is ascending and the trunk groups are to remain the same as they are now."

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Hello,

You will need to change the configurations on the Call Manager from T1 CAS to T1 PRI. Also, under the CAS T1's you need to change from ds0-group to pri-group timeslots 1-24 service mgcp. Also change the isdn switch-type as per the carrier's instructions, depending on what they are using. Check this link for more specific information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801ad22f.shtml

HTH, if so, please rate.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since you are using MGCP you will need to change them in CM as well, basically delete the CAS configuraion and re-configure as PRI. If you had H323 no change would be necessary in CM.

HTH,

Chris

neharris
Level 1
Level 1

you're using MGCP and must change call manager too. You'll be able to have caller ANI now which your customers will love.

MGCP doesn't do caller ID (actually just the ANI) with CAS but does do it with PRI.

I switched a bunch myself consulting for a company and its easy. if you need to do a screen shot of each config before you tear it down and build the PRI.

Also remember you should plan on bouncing the router after you change the signaling. I've have cases that left me having to reload to get the D channel to idle up.

Good Luck,

->N

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: