cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

will unity still able to accept call and leave message if DC/GC is down.

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

If I only have 1 DC/GC(w2K), and DC/GC fails(exchange server still there)

Will unity still work (i.e receiving calls and leave messages). I tested on Unity 4.2 it seems working. How do we explain this situation, should it not work or should work?

2 Replies 2

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It will usually still work but it will be in UMR mode meaning the messages won't arrive in anyone's inbox on Outlook if it's a unified messaging environment. People will also be able to check messages but they should get the UMR conversation that states the message store is down but they can check messages still. Typically when your GC goes down, you have no way of resolving where your Exchange store is and can't deliver messages to it. It will then go into UMR mode and store all messages locally on Unity in the Commserver/UnityMTA directory. Overall, functionality should remain the same but the conversations the users hear will be a bit different.

Tray

On another note. VM Only also has UMR not only UM. If the mailstore can not be found the Unity will go into UMR regardless.

Tray is correct about outlook and where the messages are temp stored.

You can only check new messages over the TUI in both integration types.

As soon a Exchange is back up, the messages should be delivered.

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: