642-825 exam question

Unanswered Question
Oct 2nd, 2008

I was taking my ISCW exam today and I came to one of those questions that have 5 questions in one (one of those questions worth a good amount of points)...while reading the question, I tried to open the console and my screen was cut in half and could only see half the console screen preventing me from answering the lab questions.

I had the admin for the testing come in and he said the exam was broken and to go ahead and skip it and finish. He said "When it says End Exam dont click it, come and get me then we can fix this". I finished the last question and clicked next. The End Exam button came up and I went and got him.....but my exam score was already printing!! I got a 778 and needed a 790 to pass. He said he was going to file a incident report but he did not know what would happen. He also mentioned that it would take 2-3 days to get through and I might have to take the whole test again!?!?

I obviously don't want to take this exam a 2nd time when its clear that lab question hindered me from passing. I would think they would let you take the lab question (or another lab question) that broke again and tally that into your previous score.

Has anyone been through this and what they did for you?

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jgagznos Thu, 10/02/2008 - 16:35

Sorry to hear about your experience. I don't know anyone who has been through this scenario so I cannot comment.

Have you tried contacting certification support at Cisco?

1-800-553-6387 (US/Canada) or 408-902-5200 (Int'l)

That is the only thing that I can think of (besides waiting).

Good Luck,

Joe

darrigodom Thu, 04/02/2009 - 06:24

Hi all,

yesterday I had my 1st CCNA exam (failed...).

I had the same problem as your, I can't get the console's window resized so it was impossible to read the data's needed for answering the question. Then I called the admin of the test and explained her what happened.

The admin told me she was going to write a mail to the VueMetric for explaining them the problem and asking them what should I do,now i'm waiting for an answer .

Can someone tell me what can i do??? I really need to get a 640-802 cert !!!!

Thanks

Domenico

joshhaleaos Thu, 04/02/2009 - 06:27

You will have to take the test again most likely. They gave me a voucher for this and I retook it. It worked the next time and passed it.

darrigodom Thu, 04/02/2009 - 06:36

I hope you are right...

Thanks a lot for your answer hope i get a voucher,as the exam here in Rome it's really expensive....

And I hope next time the exam engine's going to work

Actions

This Discussion