cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adding a button on 7941 phone to show voice mail

patty_spieker
Level 1
Level 1

I created a phantom voice mail box for the call center and wanted to know if there any way to have the button light up when they get voice mail. The ext has it's own voice mail. Calls come in after hours and drop to this box. I just need the button to light to indicate there voice mail. CM 5.0 and Unity 5.0

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Patty,

You will just need to tweak the Message Lamp Setting in CCM for the xxxx (Phantom line) Line appearance on the 7941;

For the Line Setting on xxxx (on 7941)-

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy - Light and Prompt

The RED Message Lamp will then work for this Secondary line. Otherwise you will just get the "Flashing Envelope" Icon for new messages.

Hope this helps!

Rob

I went under Devices phone and to the line 7777 which is my second button and turned on the Visual Message Wating Indicator Policy to Light and prompt on my 7941 and the softphone associated with it but it did not light up. I reset the phones also.

7777 is a DN that I created with voice mail.

Hi Patty,

Just to check the CSS of 7777 can you try dialing the MWI - On and Off DN's. Then try clearing out all messages related to 7777 and leaving a new message.

Rob

I cleared the mailbox and left a new message. Still no change. 7777 is DN with voice mail.

I made button 2 line button.

ext 1100 is primary phone with line button 2 is 7777. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I am new to Cisco.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Patty,

I'm sure we can figure this out :)

First thing to try;

To find the MWI - On DN (just in case :)

In CCM look up the MW-On number (Feature>Voicemail>Message Waiting>Directory Number>Message Waiting Indicator On )

This will be a Directory Number like perhaps 2600. Go to the phone, press the Line 7777 button, dial 2600 and the MWI Lamp/Icon and Message will turn on. This will test the ability for 7777 to have MWI access.

If that does not work we can check the CSS (Calling Search Space) for 7777.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: