Views
Helpful
Replies

Comm Manager 5.1.1 to 6.1.1 upgrade

csco11142276
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have got a quick question to all Unified Comms expert on CCM 5.1 upgrade. We have got CCM 5.1.1 and the best 6.1 release upgrade option is 6.1.1 as 5.1.1 cannot be directly upgraded to 6.1.2. So here is my help question:

Do we need to order new DLU and node licences for upgrading to 6.1.1 from 5.1.1

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Thanks a lot mate for the info.

Ok so I do need node licenses, but what is this feature licence now or is it different interpretation of "node licence".

Regards,

Hey JB,

You are most welcome my friend! When you order the CCM 5.1 to 6.1 upgrade via PUT (Product Upgrae Tool) you should receive a CM Software Version License for 6.1 as well. This just allows you to run the Callmanager services on the new 6.1 version.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, but what if I dont have PUT or SASU/UCSS contract signed up with Cisco and wants to order via normal sales channel?

Regards,

Hi JB,

That should not pose any issue whatsoever :) Ordering via PUT just automates the process. If ordering through your normal sales channel the same Licenses will be generated and the PAK will arrive with the Media cd/dvd's

Hope this helps!

Rob

Great, thanks a lot mate.

But my question still stays same as before;

what is this feature licence? Is it some other kinda licence or just different interpretation of "node licence"?

Regards,

Hi JB,

Sorry for the poor explanation:(

The CM Software Version License for 6.1 is something new and is different than the Node License. The Node License is a reference to the number of "Nodes" (Publisher plus Subscribers) that are licensed to run. The new "Feature" License is a reference to the Software Version that can be run (in this case CCM 6.x) Without the "Feature" License the CCM 6.x build can be completed but will not run.

I hope this makes sense.

Rob

Thats it mate.

Thanks a ton for all help.

Regards,

Hi JB,

No worries my friend! Sorry for dragging out that explanation. My heads not with it today at all ;-)

Cheers!

Rob

No probs mate. Even your head is not with it but still your experience sorted the issue.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: