Port blocked

Unanswered Question
Oct 3rd, 2008

The problem has occurred when it had restarted several times a machine connected to a port in one of a switches and suddenly has stopped answering PING this machine(although is up, recognizes MAC, etc). The same has already happened in a couple of occasions and has been solved by restarting the switch, but now we can not do it. Make a shutdown / no shutdown of the port does not solve the problem.

The switch is a WS-C3560-48TS and the version you have installed a 12.2 (35) SE5.

Anybody knows that it can be happening?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
slandeira Fri, 10/03/2008 - 03:19

that's what I do not know ... The port is connected to machine restarts several times, are scheduled reboots, and at the end apparently the port is fine, up / up, shows the MAC for this port, but we can not do a ping to that machine, and if we put a PC on your site neither works... the port is "blocked"...

We haven't configured err-disable, but I do not see that it can solve here.

slandeira Fri, 10/03/2008 - 03:45

Yes, if we tried to do the ping from both sides, from the pc, and from the network.

slandeira Mon, 10/06/2008 - 06:55

No, it does not work. That is why I say that although it seems that this up / up does not work, it is "silly"

johnlloyd_13 Tue, 10/14/2008 - 09:45

you may check if this interface is associated correctly to a VLAN and it is receiving a dynamic IP from a DHCP server. also, make sure your router's LAN interface (connected to the switch) has the ip helper-address configured.

rpimparkar Wed, 10/08/2008 - 01:44

try unblocking port usin cisco network assistent. This might help u out.

Actions

This Discussion