cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing options from the settings button CCME 4.3

petersenb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am running CCME 4.3 with 7941G-GE phones and i would like to do the following:

when a users presses the settings button they must not have any access to any settings except “User Preferences”

When a user presses the Directories button they get the following options: Missed calls, Received calls, Placed calls, Intercom History, Local Directory, Local Speed Dial, Personal Speed Dial -- I want to remove the Intercom History, Local Speed Dial, Personal Speed Dial options.

I cannot seem to find any documentation on it?

If anyone has done this before any assistance would be apprieciated.

Regards

Bryan

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bryan,

I'm not sure about all of the restrictions/changes you require, but here is the answer to two of the issues;

settingsAccess {0 | 1 | 2}

Enables and disables the Settings button on an IP phone.

•0-Disabled.

•1-Enabled (default). The phone user can modify features by using the Settings menu.

•2-Restricted. The phone user is allowed to access User Preferences and volume settings only.

service phone

To modify the vendorConfig parameters in the configuration file, use the service phone command in telephony-service or ephone-template configuration mode. To disable a setting, use the no form of this command.

service phone parameter-name parameter-value

Router(config)# telephony-service

Router(config-telephony)# service phone

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_s1ht.html#wp1083963

Here is a little further info on Intercom History which can be fixed with a Firmware upgrade on the IP Phones;;

CSCsk99117 Bug Details

Intercom History in Directory List when not needed

Symptom:

Intercom History available as an option in Directory when Intercom is not

provisioned for that particular phone, and when in versions of CallManager

prior to 6.

Conditions:

Phone Load 8.3(2) has been installed for 7941/61

Further Information

Intercom History is removed in phone load 8.3.3es3 and later. Contact TAC to

receive an engineering special version with this fix. Intercom History will

also be removed in the upcoming 8.3.4 release which will post to Cisco.com

Fixed-In

8.3(3.11)

8.3(3)ES3

8.4(0.36)

8.3(4.3)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the information. I have not sorted the issue of users getting access to the Network configuration screen. I will look into the Intercom history issue.

Thanks

Bryan

Hi Rob,

Found this on a 'trawl'.

I am trying to do exactly that, disable access to the Settings but leave User Prefs unaffected etc. Ideally just disable the Network config side of things.

We are on:

7.1.2.39111-4 (yes this is a field trial release)

I have changed the Settings field to Restricted in Device settings and rebooted handset several times, even unplugging etc but the **# still unlocks the Network Config in settings.

Any ideas?

Alan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: