cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration that includes a VG248 gateway for analog lines...

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

We are moving away from a front end nortel system with a back end call manager to full call manager. Part of this migration involves us moving from the nortel analog lines to a VG248 gateway. The way that the nortel connects to to various floors is via a cross connection from a 110 block that is tied to the Nortel backplane with an amphenol cable. That 110 block is then crossconnected to another punch down block that ties to a feed to the floor where each connection is patched out where it is needed.

My question is, can I move the amphenol connection from the backplane of the nortel option 11 phone system to the VG248 and cross connect to from the same 110 block to the 110 block connected to the floors, just as I did with the nortel?

Sorry for the novel, I know its confusing. Anyone have experience with this?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Vicky

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vicky,

This makes perfect sense :) We have migrated many Analog ports from Nortel to VG's as well. The one main issue is that the 25 pair Amphenols from the Nortel will be Female and the VG248 will require Male ends. You would need to connect a short Male to Male cable in-line for each 25 pair.

You will also need to be prepared to re-do the Cross Connect portion. The Nortel 25 pair cables will only have 16 ports on each where the VG248 25 pair cables will have 24 ports on each, so they won't quite line up 1 to 1 (just a new well documented cutsheet :). If you are short of Wallboard or Rack space for the Cross Connects or you want a good timesaver then this seems like a very viable plan.

The cable you need would be something like this;

http://www.stonewallcable.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=114&pf%5Fid=SC%2D3650

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: