cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rename an ACE context and Mgmt port on same subnet/vlan as server-side port

chrish
Level 1
Level 1

Can one rename an ACE context without creating a new context and entering all the information within the old context to the new context? Our boss wants the context name changed but it looks like you have to create a new context and enter all the information from the old to new.

Also, Does the ACE mgmt. port have to be on a separate subnet or vlan than the server-side port? Currently, we are receiving intermittent connection and flapping when the mgmt and server-side ports are plugged in simultaneously. In our test environment, they were separate and it worked perfectly. Our production environment does not have the luxury of a separate subnet.

Any assistance is appreciated, let me know if you have questions. Thanks, Chris.

4 Replies 4

There is now way to rename the ACE context.

Only option I can think of is

1.Create a new context

2. Copy all configuration and certificates to this new context

3. Allocate the interfaces to new contexts

4. Remove the old context

There is no such restriction about Mgmnt port.

Syed

Thank you Syed. That is kind of what I thought.

On question #2, below is how we have the device setup:

Outside network cable is plug into a Cisco Switch 24 port switch. Plugged into the switch is Active Directory GC, the ACE output port (#2), ACE input port (#1), the Mgmt port (#4) as well as the web servers. When the ACE input port and ACE mgmt port are plugged in simultaneously, it operates intermittently and there is flapping on the switch. Do you have any idea why? Thanks, Chris.

Chris

Are any of the other ports (1/2) connected to the same vlan of which port4 is a memeber?

If you do not have a dedicated vlan for the out of band management then you dont need to use another port for management purposes.

Unlike CSS there is no fixed management port, you can use any port to manage ACE. You just need management service policy assigned to the interface ( where your management traffic will hit the ACE).

Syed

Hi Syed, No other of the ACE ports are connected to that same VLAN, but I did see an SNMP-Server trap-source using the same VLAN, so I will remove that next week and see how it goes.

Thank you for being a resource, hope you are available in the future. ~Chris.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: