cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client unable to connect

grumble
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to connect to our corporate internet with the client. It tries the primary and the backup addresses and then reports that the client timed out. Our IT is unable and/or unwilling to help troubleshoot. What can I do to find the problem? I am operating inside a local network over a wireless connection.

6 Replies 6

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Gary,

It is very tough to troubleshoot the issue only from the client side but lets give it a shot.

Can you set logging level to high on the VPN Client, try to connect and then post the logs.

Also, are you having this issue only from the Wireless LAN Connection or even using Dial Up.

Regards,

Arul

** Please rate all helpful posts **

I too am having trouble maintaining my VPN Client connection.

We have a 515E PIX and Cisco VPN Client 4.8

Users will seemingly randomly loose access to our Network without any obvious reason.

Like today. I'm at home happily working over VPN for 6-hours, then I try to connect another computer up to work over VPN. My signal gets dropped and when I try to re-connect I get the request for Password but then it never connects. I have a few User IDs that I can use and none work.

I did as suggested in the previous post and have attached the Detailed log of one attempt to connect.

Mikka

Mikka,

Based on the below message in the logs

"DEL_REASON_CANNOT_AUTH", it looks the pix is not able to authenticate the user and the connection gets dropped.

Do you have a AAA Server that you are authenticating the users? If so, I would check the logs on the AAA Server and the Pix, when the client is not able to authenticate/connect. This should help you to narrow down the connectivity issues.

Regards,

Arul

** Please rate all helpful posts **

Define "AAA Server"

Mikka

Unfortunately, today I can't attach a failing log, because it is working.

I will try again tomorrow in the hope that it will fail.

Gary

Today it doesn't like me again.

Log file attached.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: