cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Cisco Aironet 1100 Series Access Point use Wireless Bridge?

playstation3
Level 1
Level 1

Would this requires two AP1100 to get Wireless bridge? If not, which support for series? Example: 1100, 1200, or other thing..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I've never done it, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. The signal propagation isn't designed for a bridge though, so keep that in mind.

Simply try setting one of the radios to root bridge mode. If it lets you do that, you should be good to go. Just configure the other AP to be in non-root bridge mode.

I wish I could test it myself, but I have no 1131s handy :(

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you trying to go from building to building? Then you would need two ap's.... 1242 along with the 1300 and 1400, can be used for bridging. The 1300 and 1400 are outdoor bridges and the 1242 can be used if you can mount that is an enclosure and make sure it can be kept in the recommended operating temperature.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi fella!

I would like to consult to you regarding my installation. I used 1300 one site and 1231 on the other site. I used 1231 because it has bridging capability also. And yes it works!there is a wireless connection. However my concern is with regards to the bandwidth. I tried to measure and got a 2Mbps throughput considering that the distance of the two sites is only 2 kms? Is this normal?

it can be if there are other 2.4ghz interference along the path or if the antennas are not lined up correctly. Cable loss due to length or corrosion can impact throughtput. What connection at the bridges showing. To be honest, I usually use a 3rd party bridge because of the higher throughout.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi fella..yes i use low loss cable of cisco. However i tried eliminating the cable.I directly connect the 1231 to the antenna to minimize the cable but still the throughput is 2 Mbps. The current data rate displayed only goes to 5.5 Mbps. It even has a difficulty achieving a data rate of 11 Mbps.

no. only indoor. wireless bridge from room to other room.

I've never done it, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. The signal propagation isn't designed for a bridge though, so keep that in mind.

Simply try setting one of the radios to root bridge mode. If it lets you do that, you should be good to go. Just configure the other AP to be in non-root bridge mode.

I wish I could test it myself, but I have no 1131s handy :(

playstation3
Level 1
Level 1

I figured it out. Its work that 2 AP were in:

First AP: AP Mode

Second AP: Workgroup Bridge

I tested this through wired (PC to second AP). Its worked well. I got solved this question! :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: