DHCP Setup for V-lans Network

Unanswered Question
Oct 4th, 2008

Hi, I have one cisco ASA 5505 which is installed in the front of L3 switch where I have created three V-lans:-

1) V-lan 100 int e0/0

2) V-lan 200 int e0/1

3) V-lan 300 int e0/3

4) e0/4 ( is attached with Cisco ASA inside Interface ( both are in the same V-lan 1 and set up the route command on switch to pass the all V-lan traffic via ASA inside interface.

Now for all V-lan clients I want to install a DHCP Server and create 3 scopes for the configured swith V-lans but m confused where I have to put and which other settings need to be done so please do the needful. Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ray_stone Sat, 10/04/2008 - 05:51

Hi, the above link was for outside interface and there is no V-lan coming in the scenario as I want to put a dhcp server for V-lan clients and which of the settings need to be added and wht would be the scenario through which I dont need to allow a static IP to client machine. Please advice. Thanks

ray_stone Sat, 10/04/2008 - 09:52

Hi, three V-lans are following:

1) V-lan 100 int e0/0

2) V-lan 200 int e0/1

3) V-lan 300 int e0/3

Want to setup a DHCP Server on V-lan 100 which IP is and create three scopes according to above v-lans so that the other V-Lans 200 and 300 clients take the IP from DHCP Server. Please advice how its possible

ray_stone Mon, 10/06/2008 - 04:21

Hi Andrew, my plan was to implement the DHCP Server on Windows, If i go with the same link sent by u then i will have to make a zone on all interface but I want to manage DHCP settings by only a single server. As I know but not sure that we can put the DHCP Server in management int then by using DHCP relay we can manage provide the IP addrees according to V-lans IP. Please suggest if you know how to do it, it wud be so appreciated. Thanks

This Discussion