Not Booting up

s-adhikary
Level 1
Level 1

I am having cisco 7206 VXR router with

1. PA-MC-8TE1+ card

2. SA-VAM2+

With "7200 IOS ADVANCED IP SERVICES" ,

But problem is router is not booting up, nor i am able to go to ROMMON mode. only it is showing junk character in the time of booting , after that it stuck , can any one having any Idea . Thanks in advance

8 Replies 8

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

could you put the show bootflash: and show bootvar output here and analyze? make sure you press Alt+Break or Alt+Ctrl+Break, depending on the IOS, whenever you reload to go to ROMMON mode.

The key combination is now working , i am sending the screen shot of hyper terminal as attachment ,what are the junk characters coming in the time of booting

Regards

Subhasis

Subhasis

Gargbage characters like you are getting are most often an indication that there is a mismatch in speed between the setting of the console port and the setting of your Hyperterm. I would suggest that you experiment with different settings in Hyperterm. Start at the lowest speed of 1200 and work your way up to the highest speed (1200, 2400, 4800, etc). Be aware that with Hyperterm you usually need to stop and restart the connection for Hyperterm to pick up the new setting of speed. I believe that you will find that the speed has been set to something other than the default of 9600.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Rick

For giving reply but i am not able to see the terminal other than garbage character.though i have changed the speed of hyper terminal.and not able to access ROMMON mode . please give me possible solution

Regards

Subhasis

my guess is that those junk characters are displayed while router is booting up or extracting the IOS from flash. I saw that you had 8 mins+ being connected. make sure you had the right speed or set it higher to speed up the process.

Dear John

I have checked with all possible speed and wait for more than 20 min, but it is not at all came up

Regards

Subhasis

your IOS might be corrupted. try to load a new one and if problem still persists consult TAC.

Hello John

i am not able to go to ROMMON mode also then how do i reinstall new IOS

Regards

Subhasis

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card