Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we change CWLMS port change

vtandon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dear,

I installed CWLMS3.0 on a server where one another application (i.e. Hyperic) is also running. This applicatinis used to monitor the SAP related services and applications.

After installation of CWLMS, I was unable to even view the home page using URL https://<IP address>:1741

However after stopping the services of Hyperic, CWLMS started working.

What might be the reason and solution as I want to run both sevices on single machine.

Is there any commn port umber between two applications. If yes then can I change the port number of CWLMS services. If yes then how.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is not recommended to run both on the same server. The obvious reason is the port conflict which may or may not be fixable. The other reasons include possible port starvation (if Hyperic uses a lot of TCP/UDP ports), and the potential for application compromise. That is, if there is a security bug in Hyperic or LMS, you risk compromising the other application as well.

That said, if you capture the output of netstat -a -n -o -b when Hyperic is running alone, the conflicting port should be obvious. It may not be changeable in LMS, however.