cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

multicast on 851w not supported? HELP needed...

oldcreek12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all, I am working on a project to enable multicast for home workers. Most employees have 851W at home and run ezvpn to headquarter ASA. Since ASA does not support DMVPN/VTI therefore mulitcast is not possible, so I plan to move ezvpn headend to a Cisco ISR, when trying to do a POC setup at home, I am surprised to find out that 851W does not even support mulitcast (ip pim command not available)!! I am running c850-advsecurityk9-mz.124-15.T7.bin, is there any other 850 image that supports ezvpn (client only), VTI and multicast? I searched feature navigator, but could not find any. I could not believe it, I thought multicast is just like IP routing, should be built-in in any IOS images. Thanks a lot..

3 Replies 3

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Bascially - if it's not in the feature navigator, then the platform does not support it.

Is there a specific requirement for multicasting - application based?

The application is to run voip over wireless, in order to support voice broadcast/paging functionality, multicast is needed.

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jiang,

It is my understanding that the 851 routers do not support PIM.

You need a minimum of 871 routers to do multicast. Please refer the below URL for details.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/ps6200/prod_qas0900aecd8028a982.html

Regards,

Arul

** Please rate all helpful posts **

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: