cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to make primary extension become active when lifting receiever

dheavey30
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Would somebody please kindly point me to where I can find out what the 'Primary Extension' field is intended for within Callmanger? Also does anybody know if there is a difference between it's function within versions 4 Callmanager and version 6 UCM?

I am trying to find a way of making a line other than line 1 on a 7931/7941/7961 go off hook when lifting the handset receiver. I have a group of users who all have shared lines and none of their personal extension numbers are on line 1 of their handsets.

Using a combination of 'primary extension' on the end user page and the 'auto select line' feature on the device settings allows us to receive incoming calls on their line (not line 1) by lifting the handset (even if another call arrived on another line first). I just can't believe that this can't be applied to outgoing calls also.

FYI I have raised this with TAC and they said that primary extension setting is ONLY for the AXL integration with unity connection. I find this difficult to believe seeing as this setting has been there for years before Unity Connection was released.

I anybody is able to help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

I think this problem may cause in two reasons.

1 .Cisco CallManager Automated Attendant cannot find a user that a caller specifies when dialing by name. The extension of the requested user is not valid because the user does not have a primary extension assigned in Cisco CallManager, or the ccndir.ini file is missing information.

2. It might be due to the fact that the ccndir.ini file is missing information or the extension is not valid because the user does not have a primary extension that was assigned in Cisco CallManager Administration

To resolve the problem

1. Verify that the user has an entry in the Cisco CallManager AA Name dialing field and that the User record has an associated phone and that the primary extension button is chosen.

2. Verify that the ccndir.ini file contains the following lines:

USERBASE "ou=Users, o=cisco.com"

PROFILEBASE "ou=profiles, ou=CCN, o=cisco.com"

3. If you migrated Cisco CallManager from Version 2.4, a possible schema issue exists. In LDAP Directory Administration, verify that the user Owner field is in Userid format, not fullname format.

For further information click this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/3_3_2/ccmfeat/fsAppB.html#wp1012431

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: