cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WISM loose 80 AIR-AP1231 after reload

abelleli71
Level 1
Level 1

I have reloaded ( RESET ) the WISM from a 6500 sup 720 . After when the WISM came up I have loosed 80 AP that was previously associated with it.

The logs on the WISM did not say anything important

After 3 days my AP became 5 .

Question : I have to wait a mounth before my WISM will register the others 87 ?

Any suggestion will be appreciated

Alberto

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What are the access points doing? Are their LEDs changing colors?

The semaphore error is listed at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/message/guide/msgs6.html

Which, unfortunately, provides no help for resolving the issue. It sounds like you'll need to open a TAC case to resolve this.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

There are actually two controllers built into each WiSM module. Have you checked both controllers to make sure that the access points didn't simply switch over to the other one?

Hello

you mean session processor 1 slot 1 ?

We plane an HW-module RESET from 6500 . Do this fix up and reste both controllers ?

Regards

If you reset the entire module, then both controllers would have been reset. Still, have you checked to see if the access points are on the other controller?

If you can't find them on another controller, go find an access point that's "missing" and see what the LEDs are doing. If they're repeatedly turning red -> amber -> green, then the access points are stuck finding the controller. Try hard-booting one and see if that fixes the problem.

How do access points find the controller? Through broadcast, DHCP, or DNS?

I have RESET the entire module and nothing changes . The DHCP is use to comunicate to the AP but the AP are 80 ! Now they are in charge to another AP

regards

And I get this error on the wism

What are the access points doing? Are their LEDs changing colors?

The semaphore error is listed at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/message/guide/msgs6.html

Which, unfortunately, provides no help for resolving the issue. It sounds like you'll need to open a TAC case to resolve this.

Hello

I have already seen this document

And I cannot open a TAC for this issue.

The leds is not possible to seen how they works because is located in very far .

The are registered in other WISM located in different and no more in the WISM where they are before .

So this means that when you reload a WISM it will loose all the AP registered on it ; and another WISM , placed in the same LAN ; will catch the loosed AP

Attached sh tech for references

THANKS

That's correct, and you can always use AP fallback mode to get them to go back to their primary WLC one the WLC comes back up.

Glad to see your issue was resolved :D

Thanks a lot but previously I was looking at the auto-anchor mobility that is not the same thing

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.0/configuration/guide/c5mobil.html#wp1098994

g.rienstra
Level 1
Level 1

I Don't know if you use an NTP server of local time.

Make sure the WISM is in sinc with the time.(even if it displays the correct time !)

(Press set time once if you do this liocally on the WISM) otherwise make sure connectivity to the NTP server

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: