I Passed the CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam !!!

Unanswered Question
Oct 6th, 2008

Hi Everyone,

I passed the CCIE Routing and Switching Paper 350-001 on 29-Sep with a final score of 94. The exam lasted 2.5 hours and there were 105 questions to answer which I finished all of them with 3 minutes left. The Cisco Press CCIE Routing & Switching Exam Certification Guide 3rd Ed. covers enough details to pass this exam.

My next mission is to pass the challenging CCIE Lab exam successfully at first attempt.

It would be very helpful if anyone who passed the lab exam could tell me how many lab practice hours you spent before attempting the lab, and how useful is CCIE Bootcamp in boosting your confidence for passing the lab. Thanks and I appreciate comments from anyone.

Peter Lee

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
binoyjosephstanly Mon, 10/06/2008 - 00:30

Warm greetings,

peter good job, best of luck for your lab.

i suggest you to go for internetwork expert work book.

and at the same time practice on the switching side.REdistribution,BGP.

if you feel you are strong enough in theory part go and buy IEWS.

jcrussell Mon, 10/06/2008 - 04:48

I passed the R/S lab on my first try. I did not attend a bootcamp. I spent 30-35, sometimes more, hours per week studying for the exam. I did that for 5 months from February through June, and took the lab on July 6th of last year. So figure somewhere between 650 and 800 hours of lab study time. That also included going to the Cisco documentation and reading the entire command reference for all routing protocols, switching, bridging, QoS, security, etc multiple times.

Good luck!

yclee_peter88 Mon, 10/06/2008 - 22:41

Hi guys, it's great to hear about your lab exam preparation experience and suggestions. I am thinking that for my lab practices,I can just make use of IEWB workbooks available from Internetworkexpert or other online resources.

Did you guys invested in home rack setup for lab practices. Due to space and cost constraints, I am going to continue using Dynamips as my virtual lab setup and best thing is I can take the virtual-rack wherever I go :)

Anyone attended the CCIE bootcamp before, how beneficial was the bootcamp to you in terms of passing the lab?

Peter Lee

lffrwatson Tue, 10/28/2008 - 07:01

From my point of view I'm going to attempt to do my best on my first lab attempt. I know way to many guys fail the lab on the first attempt and these guys are some of the smartest guys I know. If I fail the lab then I'll pick myself up and get on it again. I have come to far to just give up.

This Discussion