cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7985 fails to complete "Upgrading Application" step at boot

mcreilly
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to deploy a couple of 7985 video phones in a new office and having the same problem with both.

These are new out the box, so as expected on first use when I connect them they show the Cisco logo screen, configure their VLAN, get an IP address, then the “Upgrading Application” progress bar appears. It doesn't complete though and the phone resets to the Cisco logo screen, then it enters a loop displaying the logo screen for about four seconds, going blank for about eight seconds, until I disconnect it. If I reconnect it, it starts again from the beginning.

Connectivity to the Call Manager cluster (running 6.1.2) is fine - there are fifty 7945s working quite happily on the same VLAN in this office. I have four other 7985s working just fine on the same cluster, but those are in other offices. The part number on these two is 74-3626-03 and the older ones are -02s, I'm wondering if this is significant?

I haven't been able to find anything describing this problem on CCO, TAC tell me that since I don't have SmartNet registered for these devices yet (I'm waiting for the paperwork from my supplier) they can't help and I need to talk to my reseller, and my reseller's tech support is only asking me to check the obvious stuff that I've already checked (i.e. DHCP config is correct, etc).

Has anybody seen this issue or anything very similar before?

2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Can you please tell which firmware version it is running now?

Check 7985 models to confirm that the firmware would work with their hardware version. Else upgrade to latest 7985 SCCP firmware.

I was loading cterm_7985.4-1-5-0 initially, I tried upgrading to the latest (cmterm_7985.4-1-6-0) to see if it would fix the problem, but it didn't.

Oddly enough Google returns NO hits for the hardware part number on the bottom of the newest phone!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: