Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN connection disconnecting

bericaleb
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Security Experts,

I have a site-to-site VPN tunnel between my organization and another organization. Lately, my client and the users on my Network who uses this tunnel have been complaining about disconnection of this VPN link. What could be causing the disconnection? advice advice the possible areas to check for the disconnection.

2 Replies 2

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Ideally, VPN connectivity is tested from devices behind the endpoint devices that do the encryption, yet many users test VPN connectivity with the ping command on the devices that do the encryption. While the ping generally works for this purpose, it is important to source your ping from the correct interface. If the ping is sourced incorrectly, it can appear that the VPN connection has failed when it really works.

This document helps you to verify the connectivity.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a00807e0aca.shtml#Solution10

singhsaju
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You can check the ISP connectivity at both ends.If you see any problems with the Internet service provider, have them investigated.

HTH

Saju

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: