cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL Reverse proxy

9tpanaitescu
Level 1
Level 1

Does Cisco have an appliance to act like a SSL reverse proxy ? We have a web application that we need to secure via SSL and we are exploring the posssibility of using SSL appliances instead of using SSL directly on the web server

7 Replies 7

ovt
Level 4
Level 4

Any router or an ASA firewall can be used as an SSL proxy with their WebVPN capability. Or take a look at 6500 ACe module, but this is expensive.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Can you please point me to some documentation on how to do this etc. ?

Thanks,

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Aren't the CSS 11500 series on the end-of-life list ? AFAIK they are EOL since 2006 ? Any equivalent Cisco products out there ?

Thanks,

T

That's correct, that was the page I was looking at. I think the CSS SSL 11501 switch wwould do it. Any other considerations/docs/etc. that I should look at ?

Thanks,

T

I honestly don't know a ton about them, a different group configures them where I work. I do know a bit about proxies in general and I'm pretty sure they'll do what you're talking about (SSL termination is what it's typically called).

Have a look at the data center-->application networking forum. There's plenty of help to be had there should you need it.