cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL Reverse proxy

9tpanaitescu
Level 1
Level 1

Does Cisco have an appliance to act like a SSL reverse proxy ? We have a web application that we need to secure via SSL and we are exploring the posssibility of using SSL appliances instead of using SSL directly on the web server

7 Replies 7

ovt
Level 4
Level 4

Any router or an ASA firewall can be used as an SSL proxy with their WebVPN capability. Or take a look at 6500 ACe module, but this is expensive.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Can you please point me to some documentation on how to do this etc. ?

Thanks,

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Aren't the CSS 11500 series on the end-of-life list ? AFAIK they are EOL since 2006 ? Any equivalent Cisco products out there ?

Thanks,

T

That's correct, that was the page I was looking at. I think the CSS SSL 11501 switch wwould do it. Any other considerations/docs/etc. that I should look at ?

Thanks,

T

I honestly don't know a ton about them, a different group configures them where I work. I do know a bit about proxies in general and I'm pretty sure they'll do what you're talking about (SSL termination is what it's typically called).

Have a look at the data center-->application networking forum. There's plenty of help to be had there should you need it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: