Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch - BNC and RJ45

lubosbella
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm searching for a cisco switch with one ( or more ) port for BNC connector (coaxial cable) and same RJ45 ports for UTP cables. Is samething in portfolio?...

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

jphilope
Level 3
Level 3

Can you give us more information? Just the connector type is not enough.

What are you running over these switches? Token Ring, DLSW, Banyan Vines, TN3270, etc.

Most of the systems using these protocols are no longer in production. You are not likely to find a currently manufactured product to handle these systems. We have similar issues here as we still have significant Type 1 cable and Token Ring installation is many of our warehouses. We actually search eBay for spares!

...now we have set up one ethernet switch (noname) - to this switch is attached one industry machine connected via coaxial cable with coaxial cable.... this switch is attached to other switches in LAN ethernet enviroment....we need to replace this old switch with new cisco switch....

Cisco does not offer anything like what you are looking for.

Like us, you're probably going to have to look for something on the 2nd hand market (eBay, reconditioners, refurbishers).

Good luck.

tdeganus
Level 1
Level 1

Dude

If you are looking to connect couple of systems ; why don't you buy some bnc-rj45 converters; I think it will make your life a little easier..

Thank,

now i know that there is this switch: Compex MicroHub TP1008C

And can you help me with same good BNC-RJ45 converter?....

if you look here, you can get even new BNC-RJ45 converters:

http://www.blackbox.com/Catalog/Detail.aspx?cid=308,1416,1499&mid=558

Werner

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card