cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3745 slow boot up

is66rlhntadm
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3745 (thans soon to go into use)

and I hangs for 2min on boot

at the part after it says "program load complete" twice then it says it again and opens the bin but it hangs for 2min before loading it

ie

Program load complete

Program load complete

(hang for 2 min)

Program load complete

###########################

6 Replies 6

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Possible IOS image corrupted or checksum problem during the last IOS image upgrade. Get a new working IOS image, reboot the router and interrupt the boot process. You will be in rommon mode, load the new IOS image from there.

Since you will be using Xmodem to upload a new working IOS image. If possible, get the smallest size IOS image first for faster upload. You can upload your desired IOS image (or bigger size) once you succesfully booted from a new/smaller IOS image.

See this link on how to upload IOS image using Xmodem http://www-tss.cisco.com/eservice/compass/common/task_xmodem_console_download.htm

I previously

could only get into rommon mode so I

loaded the smallest IOS I have for it (30MB)

via xmodem (changed the baudrate to max so it wouldn't take 12hours)

and then it booted

it was using the class "b" filesystem and I wanted the class "c" filesystem so I formated it then removed the cf card and used a reader to copy a newer IOS (45MB) to it

inserted it and it booted but has the hanging on boot

I would have tftp'ed the ios but my solarwinds tftp gave a file too large error

and I didn't want to wait 1:30 to 2hours to load it via xmodem

could this somehow have caused it (I didn't check for the hanging prior to the card reader ios copy)

Please help

I think we have seen this as well. what type of cards are in the router? take out the modules and boot and see how long it takes then put the modules back in one at a time and see how long it takes. I think it is something to do with checking the cards.

it has no cards

just the mainboard

and the front board that had the 3 wic slots, console, aux, and 2x Fe

it has a cisco branded 128MB CF card pluged into the Main board and no CF in the front board

Anyone

it does boot but it hangs there for 2 full minutes

the only file on the flash is the IOS (should there be something related to ata?)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco