cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Summary command of switchport counters

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

I am looking for a command that will show me a summary of port usage. What we are running into is we are trying to identify ports that have had usage on them over the last month. We have issued a clear counters to clear input/output traffic and now we want to go back and see if any of those ports have had any traffic on them over the last month. Instead of issuing a show int x/y and viewing the counters is there another command that could give me a summary of all ports and if there has been any traffic?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RicheeJJJ_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hey. Good question. I can't think of any command that does this. But why not try something like this:

sh int | include (FastEthernet|packets input)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

u0087672js
Level 1
Level 1

Just a show interface with no x/y will show you all ports and their traffic stats.

hostname#show interface

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

What is your switch platform?

RicheeJJJ_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hey. Good question. I can't think of any command that does this. But why not try something like this:

sh int | include (FastEthernet|packets input)

Perfect!! We have a couple of different platforms ranging from 29xx to 37xx...

I ended up using

sh int | inc Fa|packets input

Thanks!

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If its a 4500 series switch you use "show interfaces link" and this will show you what you are looking for . Why they haven't ported this command to the other platforms I don't know, it does come in handy once in awhile.

show interface counters

Even Better!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card