cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Summary command of switchport counters

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

I am looking for a command that will show me a summary of port usage. What we are running into is we are trying to identify ports that have had usage on them over the last month. We have issued a clear counters to clear input/output traffic and now we want to go back and see if any of those ports have had any traffic on them over the last month. Instead of issuing a show int x/y and viewing the counters is there another command that could give me a summary of all ports and if there has been any traffic?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RicheeJJJ_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hey. Good question. I can't think of any command that does this. But why not try something like this:

sh int | include (FastEthernet|packets input)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

u0087672js
Level 1
Level 1

Just a show interface with no x/y will show you all ports and their traffic stats.

hostname#show interface

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

What is your switch platform?

RicheeJJJ_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hey. Good question. I can't think of any command that does this. But why not try something like this:

sh int | include (FastEthernet|packets input)

Perfect!! We have a couple of different platforms ranging from 29xx to 37xx...

I ended up using

sh int | inc Fa|packets input

Thanks!

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If its a 4500 series switch you use "show interfaces link" and this will show you what you are looking for . Why they haven't ported this command to the other platforms I don't know, it does come in handy once in awhile.

show interface counters

Even Better!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco