cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Admin Workstation

Pandiyan.d
Level 1
Level 1

I wants to move the AW HDS database into separate box(SAN box) Is it possible? If not why?

4 Replies 4

This might be possible if you move your AW along with the DB. Otherwise, i'm afraid it will not work, as ICM creates the HDS itself during setup, replication process is linked with the local HDS to update it periodically logging into their.

I'm not sure whether you can do it during setup adding remote in domain server from ICMDBA in the same instance, but it might not be possible as ICM senses the Logger and AW databases itself to add specific databases only.

jeff.marshall
Level 1
Level 1

Do you want to place the HDS Db data device(s) on the SAN or the entire SQL instance?

In ICMDBA, when you are building the HDS Db just select the drive that holds the SAN drives for the HDS data device(s). Follow MS requirements for splitting data and log devices.

/Jeff

Yes I wants to keep only the HDS Db into a separate SAN box.

The Bill of Materials (BOM) for the UCCE version your running has SAN requirements defined. I've done this in the past for an HDS Db without any issues.

/Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: