CCENT Exam Resources

Unanswered Question
Oct 6th, 2008

I am preparing to take the 640-822 ICND1 exam. Originally I was planning on taking the composite exam but was doing so poorly on the practice exams I have decided to re-group and take the two exam approach. I am planning on using the book I have for the composite exam and I was thinking of purchasing study material from Test King. Does anyone have any advice regarding study material? How about what kind of lab simulations I can expect on that exam? I really want to knock this cert out, any guidance/exam experience would be greatly appreciated!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
whiteford Tue, 10/07/2008 - 01:48

I would like this help too, I'm also studying for my CCENT (ICDN1) exam, but would like to but a test exam or 2, it's knowing which exam company is closest to the real thing.

rmcarthur Tue, 10/07/2008 - 06:12

Hi Vicky, there is no substitute for hands-on cli experience in most, if not all, Cisco exams. If you don't have access to real kit then the (free) Dynamips/GNS3 simulators are the next best thing. Though you do still require a copy of the IOS to run them.

Whilst I would in no way condone the use of braindumps (TestKing etc) in the past, today you run the risk of killing your career before you even get started with Cisco's exam forensics and profiling procedures.

Sometimes it can be easiest to take the exam and fail just to see where your strengths and weaknesses are and revisit your study materials accordingly. I believe VUE are offering free retests at the moment so nothing lost either!

Best of luck.

This Discussion