Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 vlan config errors / no icmp replies

timmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have been racking my brains and no doubt am further from the answer now than when I started. I have two 5510s in a/s working fine but cannot get a response from ASA to client once the vlan on ethernet0/2(2.2) pinged (from ASA).

Int 0/2 vlan 2.2 ip 10.0.2.5 cannot reach 10.0.2.100 on a laptop client. I am using a Cat CE500 which has switchports and no cmd line at all so am not sure if I have configured incorrectly or not, perhaps it is the switch, but I need the route around and these vlans (1 & 2) need to communicate with eachother. Anyone got suggestions?

System is ASA5510-AIP10w with Sec plus license.

Many thanks in advance, Timm

4 Replies 4

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Check the vlan configuration as any misconfiguration could result in no connectivity between devices in same vlan.

Refer the url below for more information on configuring vlans:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/intrface.html#wp1044006

all-thanks for your responses, now you can all have a laugh at the fact that in spite of all Vista's good points! Switching off the firewall/av still leaves a service running which prevented the round trip of the ping I was initiating. Back to basics and all that!

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Since you are using sub-interfaces on the ASA, you need to make the switch's port connected to the ASA gig 0/2 as a trunk. Then either allow all VLANs on it (defult) or just these specific four vlans.

Regards

Farrukh

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Since you are using sub-interfaces on the ASA, you need to make the switch's port connected to the ASA gig 0/2 as a trunk. Then either allow all VLANs on it (defult) or just these specific four vlans.

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: