cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Management Tools

JASON NIELSEN
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering what tool or tools you are using to update User in UCM 6.1. We have over 5,000 ip phones and would like to give certian user the ability to make changes like names on extensions with out compromising them changing anything else.

Something like a helpdesk tool for them to login and just update the name on the phone/extension.

Any ideas? Does Provisioning Manager provide this functionality? What other software is available.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jason,

Not sure whether you are aware of the CCMUser functionality but you can restrict or deny permissions which enable users to change their own settings, including the following:

* Ring Settings

* Call Forward Settings

* Speed dial settings

* Cisco IP phone services

* Personal Address Book

* MWI Policy settings

* Line Text Label

* Locales for phone

* Locales for Web

* Password options

* PIN options

Other than that you can create specific CallManager groups which only allow access to certain parts of the configuration. This would allow them to log onto the CCMAdmin page but only change certain settings...

Please rate useful posts...

Sorry, I thought it was worth mentioning, these settings are configurable from Enterprise Parameters.

Also, you should be careful about giving CCMAdmin permissions to people other than network administrators!

Hope this all helps..

I am not referring to the Line text label, but the Alerting Name, Alerting Name,Display (Internal Caller ID) and ASCII Display (Internal Caller ID.

How do I give specific access to change ONLY these fields and only access Device > Phone from the /ccmadmin login. I don't want them to see System, Call Routing, Media Resources, etc.

I hope that clarifies what I am looking for.