cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GUI access to CUE

roseeng69
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am attempting to gain access to the GUI of my CUE. After I enter in my login credentials, I receive a new window stating that "Cisco Unity Express has lost contact with the Host router. Enter the new CCME Web Administrator user name and password."

I have changed the web admin name and password and also the admin id under CUE but that didn't help.

Can anyone assist me in resolving this issue?

3 Replies 3

jsheppard
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever het this resolved? I'm having the same issue.

try loading the GUI files in host router flash

I'm a little bit of a noob when it comes to CUE - I've only used CUCM/CUC in my experience - so it was a little vague and can't claim to be an expert and/or take any responsibility for the outcome of such activities.

I followed (roughly) the instructions here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_password_recovery09186a008042aa29.shtml

To reset the admin password initially... roughly as the naming of some things was slightly different... and I did reload the Service Engine (which did take a little while to do - about 5 minutes) - but didn't restart the router.

Then when I logged into the GUI I got the same "contact lost with host router" message.

Via CLI I checked the running-config of the router for "interface Integrated-Service-Engine0/0".

It showed..

service-module ip address 10.1.10.1 255.255.255.252

service-module ip default-gateway 10.1.10.2

So into the GUI screen - where it said "hostname" - I typed in 10.1.10.2 (the "service-module ip default-gateway").

(It wasn't in DNS - so I just entered the IP).

Then I entered the same username and password I'd setup in the 'reset' instructions above...

Went through and worked a treat.

All seems to be working as expected now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: