cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 6.0(4) with CUCM 6.1(2) after login unable to go available

Chris Driggers
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up CUPS 6.0(4)with CUCM 6.1(2). I am LDAP integrated into Active Directory but am NOT using DNS. I'm using the IP addresses for the servers.

I have the CUPC 7.0 client logged in, but once I'm logged in, I can't get the client to allow me to become Available. I can add users to my list of contacts and see whether they are on the phone or not (so it would seem that my CTI is ok) but no client is able to be anything other than "Offline".

The Troubleshooter is all green except for IPPM, which I am not using. The CUPC Server Health is all green except Voicemail which I haven't set up yet.

Has anyone run into this scenario before?

11 Replies 11

The SIP Trunk ACLs are set to ALL, but I will check your post to see if other settings are maybe incorrect.

Can anyone confirm if using LDAP for active directory integration but not using DNS is ok? Like I said, I'm just using the IP addresses for the servers and also for the proxy domain.

Chris, did you fix this? We tested the same without DNS and had same issues as yours, when we turned on DNS everything worked. Can't see any official docs to say you must have it. ...TIA, Jeff

I also switched to DNS, was having the same issue. Turned out that this customer was using a juniper firewall as their default gateway and it was doing deep packet inspection of SIP traffic. When I turned off that inspection, it started working fine.

DOUG DAVIDSON
Level 5
Level 5

FYI, there is a problem with CUPS 7.0.2. the node name of the server must be the host name only, it will cause numerous problems if it has the domain name or is set to the IP address.

HTH,

Doug

Doug

is this something that can be changed after install i.e change from IP address to node name. We are evaluating how much of this can be done off site in a lab before we ship to site for integration and config work..Jeff

Did you figure this out? I have the same issue.

The problem was firewall related for me. I had to remove packet inspection for SIP traffic. As soon as I did that, it started working fine.

Mine turned out to be a couple things One was, when testing CUPC, do not add yourself into the buddy list. I think what happens is that it tries to update its presence to itself and basically confuse the client. YOu can not change your status at all. Also adding in the "ALL" statements to ACL outgoing and incoming. And rebooting the server quite a bit works as well. ha

If adding yourself to the buddy list broke the presence, it's a problem (or a bug). It should work with you on your own buddy list.

it's a bug. I found it on the bug site. Should be in the install guide not test with yourself! bah! Thanks for the tips!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: