cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE not recognising calling ID (requires user ID)

duncan.hambly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm having trouble with a new install of CUE 3.2.1 on a 3825 platfrom running CME 7.0. I run through the initial setup and all seems well, but when users try to access their VM boxes they are prompted for their user ID.

All users are assiged to ephone-dn's, so I would have expected the VM to recognise the calling ID and allow access to the appropriate mail box.

Any ideas much appreciated...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can run into this problem when using the dialplan-pattern command along with CUE. The dialplan-pattern command expands out the DN to the full E.164 number. For example, 1111 becomes 1234561111. CUE does not have a mailbox corresponding to this number, so the call fails. One way to work around this is with a translation rule, such as:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /1234561/ /1/

voice translation-profile 1

translate called 1

translate calling 1

translate redirect 1

dial-peer voice 1000 voip (CUE dial peer)

translation-profile outgoing 1

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can run into this problem when using the dialplan-pattern command along with CUE. The dialplan-pattern command expands out the DN to the full E.164 number. For example, 1111 becomes 1234561111. CUE does not have a mailbox corresponding to this number, so the call fails. One way to work around this is with a translation rule, such as:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /1234561/ /1/

voice translation-profile 1

translate called 1

translate calling 1

translate redirect 1

dial-peer voice 1000 voip (CUE dial peer)

translation-profile outgoing 1

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Thank you very much Brandon, this was exactly right. I knew it would be something simple...

Thank you again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: