cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on Attendant console

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

I have UCM 6.1.2. We have two receptionist that want to be able to share the incoming call load. And at night the calls go to voice mail when they log out. I setup for the call distribution to be top down and go to phone A line 1, phone B line 1, Phone A line2 and so on, with the last object being a port that forwards to the night greeting. The problem is that phone A gets all the calls first, only if she is on the phone does it go to phone B, which is how it is designed. However they are not too keen on that design. If I change the distribution to Most Idle, the voice mail port will pick up every now and then. I tried to set the Call Forwarding up on the hunt pilot but that did not seem to work. So either I am doing something wrong or is there a better way to set this up.

Thanks

Ken

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can do this with linked hunt groups. Create three hunt groups; call them Main, AB, and BA. Configure then as such:

Hunt Group AB - First Available

Receptionist A's #1

Receptionist B's #1

Receptionist A's #2

Receptionist B's #2

Voice Mail

Hunt Group BA - First Available

Receptionist B's #1

Receptionist A's #1

Receptionist B's #2

Receptionist A's #2

Voice Mail

Hunt Group Main - Circular

Pilot # for Hunt Group AB

Pilot # for Hunt Group BA

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

You can do this with linked hunt groups. Create three hunt groups; call them Main, AB, and BA. Configure then as such:

Hunt Group AB - First Available

Receptionist A's #1

Receptionist B's #1

Receptionist A's #2

Receptionist B's #2

Voice Mail

Hunt Group BA - First Available

Receptionist B's #1

Receptionist A's #1

Receptionist B's #2

Receptionist A's #2

Voice Mail

Hunt Group Main - Circular

Pilot # for Hunt Group AB

Pilot # for Hunt Group BA

Chris,

Good Idea. Thanks for the input. I will try that.

Ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: