cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reporting on how many times someone went to item in a menu

sswager
Level 4
Level 4

Hi. Is there a way to get reporting statistics that will tell me how many times callers choose each menu item in an IVR? For example, in a menu where Press 1 for Dept 1, Press 2 for Dept 2, Press 3 for Dept 3. Is there something that will tell us how many people chose Dept 1 vs Dept 2 or Dept 3?

3 Replies 3

If you are talking about ICM, and those CEDs are last visited (should be last visited, just before landing the call) then you can find those detail in the Termination_Call_Detail table. There is a column named 'CED' stored the last pressed CED. You can use a simple query to sort out those, along with call detail

I'm not sure if you are using IPCC Express.

Yes, I am using IPCC Express.

andrew.higgins
Level 4
Level 4

One option may be to use a SetSessionInfo step to set a call context variable once the caller has made their selection. You could then look at using either the built in "Call Custom Variables" report, a custom report, or a SQL query to view the data depending on how you need it presented.

If you'll be queuing to the departments another option may be to separate the IVR and department logic into separate "applications" if you haven't already done so. In this type of setup you configure a separate application, and associated trigger, for the IVR and each department. You then use Redirect steps within the IVR to transfer callers to the trigger for the appropriate department. This would allow you to use standard application reports to determine call counts for each department and avoid having to work with custom variables. While this method may be easier from a reporting standpoint it does introduce additional complexity from a configuration standpoint.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: