Views
Helpful
Replies

corporate directory

howct7231
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Recently, I have encounter publisher outage and realised that the subscriber unable to access the corporate directory.

Would like to know when the publisher is not in service, is it normal for the subscriber not able to access the corporate directory, if I wanted to let the subscriber have that ability to access the corporate directory when the publisher is not in service, how to do about it ?

Many thanks

4 Replies 4

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

What do you mean when you say "unable to access the corporate directory". Do you get any error messages or are you unable to access the directory on the phone?

This isn't normal behaviour...

error as in cannot find the server.

Hi

Please try replacing Publisher name with IP address in enterprise parameter. Are you using DNS?

Good luck

cheers

Ikram

Hi

Let me clear his query, while the Publisher is out of service, can the Subscriber(s) take over it's services like 'corporate directory'?

Wthe benifit i can expect changing the hostname to IP while the Publisher itself is down?

But i don't think it can take over those services like TFTP service or CDR. You have to rebuild the publisher with BARS to come up with those.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: