cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fast Busy Tone when accessing the voice mail

eemara949
Level 1
Level 1

I got the Fast Busy Tone when accessing the voice mail (Voice Mail Pilot Number) and calls are not forworded to the voice mail from the unity server.

I have CUCM5.1 and Unity 5.0, kindly advice.

4 Replies 4

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Esam,

Double check the CSS and partitions of your voice mail ports and your pilot. The phones should be in a partition that shares the VM Pilot's CSS.

Brad

I have kindred same problem.. The situation is different, though. I have a hunt pilot, and the calls should be directed to voicemail only for certain hours (for example from 8 am to 10 am) AND only when all members of hunt pilot are busy. Because of the timing issue, there has to be cti with same dn but different partition. This partition shares VM:s CSS. But still only thing the caller is hearing is fast busy, even when there are free members to be hunted Voicemail ports are properly registered with the cucm.

If there are multiple CCM integrations in Unity, go to the UTIM and try changing the order and saving.  Sometimes this will wake things up.  If that doesnt do it, you will need to set Unity Macro Traces > Call Control for SCCP.  Make a test call and then grab the trace.  If you do not see the any of your call information in the trace, the problem resides on the CCM.

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Also make sure your voicemail ports are properly registered with the cucm.

Tray