cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DST issue - how to adjust time on 7941 (running with CUCM 4.1.(3)

djkim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I thought 7941 phone is getting time from Windows Operating System. Although DST time is set correctly, 7941 phone is still out by an hour. According to Cisco manual it says "CMLocal synchronizes to the active date and time of the operating system on the Cisco CallManager server." If this is the case, do I just need restarting Call Manager server in order to sync with Windows time? or do I need to upgrade phone firmware?

I would really appreciate anybody's advice. Thanks in advance. DJ

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi DJ,

These IP Phone models require at least firmware version 8.2(2)sr2 to work properly with DST changes. I believe 8.3(5) would be the way to go;

Field Notice: FN - 62669 - U.S. Daylight Saving Time Policy Changes for Cisco CallManager/Communications Manager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/620/fn62669.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for your reply,

It means that 7941 needs new firmware to update DST change. Can you pls give me a link for how to install new firmware into the IP phone if you know? It didn't matter with the version of CUCM

Appreciate your help, DJ

Hey DJ,

No worries my friend! The install notes for the phone Firmware are in the ReadMe. The latest is actually 8.4(1)sr1

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074289/21989/cmterm-7941_7961-sccp.8-4-1SR1-readme.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, I just downloaded two files for this update, cmterm-7941_7961-sccp.8-3-5.exe and cmterm-7941_7961-sip.8-3-5.zip. Are they the same or different? Both has got the instruction content. Propably in an easy way, I can run .exe on CUCM4.1.3. Appreciate your quick reply.. DJ

Hi DJ,

You can run the .exe on CCM 4.1(3), probably best done in a maintenance window. We usually use the .zip if we want to pick off the files and run tests on individual phones before rolling into production. Once the files have been loaded onto the TFTP Server you can change the firmware on individual phones by using this setting on the Device Configuration page;

Firmware Load Information (leave blank to use default)

Phone Load Name (add new name here and boot the phone)

If you use the second method with the .zip it offers a little more control as the Device Defaults are not changed until you are ready and manually implement them. But we have used the .exe successfully many times as well.

Hope this helps!

Rob