cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

traffic analysis on 10008 router

mulugetash
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco 10008 router which aggregiates (is a gateway for) leased line customers (ppp connection). They complain that they couldn't establish any kind of vpn. How can I debug this stuff?

2 Replies 2

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

No, You can able configure VPN on cisco 10000 series router. The Cisco 10000 series router supports the IP virtual private network (VPN) feature for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS). MPLS-based VPNs allow service providers to deploy a scalable and cost-effective VPN service that provides a stable and secure path through the network. An enterprise or Internet service provider (ISP) can connect to geographically dispersed sites through the service provider's network. Using the MPLS backbone, a set of sites are interconnected to create an MPLS VPN.

For further information click this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/10000/10008/configuration/guides/broadband/mpls.html

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Mulugeta,

I suppose customers would like to setup IPSec VPN tunnels over their PPP connections.

If this is the case the questions are :

1) Customers are getting public IP addresses over the ppp sessions or private RFC 1918 addresses

2) if ip addresses are public you should look at any form of filtering that could be on the path between two customer sites

If ip addresses are private NAT could be the issue

A possible solution could be that of proposing an MPLS VPN as described in previous post

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card