cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to change the voice prompt in Unity Connection2.x?????????

zhangjianping
Level 1
Level 1

In unity connection 2.x, there are some voice prompts I don't know how to change or delete them, such as when press the extension number , i'll be promtped 'wait,we'll transfer your call'(I forget the exactly promption, it just list this), I want to change this prompt to the customized one, or I dont' want to hear this prompt, pls tell me how to make it?

6 Replies 6

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

Connection 7.0 has the option of turning on/off the "please wait while I transfer your call..." prompt in a supported way. However, Connection 2.1 does not have this configuration option

and support for granting root access to edit the prompts directly is not supported. Although you could do it on a Windows based Unity it's not supported, but with Windows you don't need root access to replace the file. With CUC 2.X you do as it's Linux based.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thanks sir. 5 points for your kindness.

I failed to understand very well the last portion of your description.

You said that '2.1 does not have this configuration option', and then, what did u mean? Did u mean i can change this prompt in another way?

Thanks sir. 5 points for your kindness.

I failed to understand very well the last portion of your description.

You said that '2.1 does not have this configuration option', and then, what did u mean? Did u mean i can change this prompt in another way?

Hi!

Yes, what I meant is that in CUC 7.X there's an option to disable the "please wait while I transfer your call", In CUC 2.X there's no way to disable it in a supported way. The only thing you could do is get root access and mess with the audio prompts, which is not easy as you will need to get the root access from TAC and they will not give it to you for this as it's not supported :(

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Got it , thanks u sir

I think I don't have enough power to ask TAC to give me the root access.

Sir, I want to know how to change this prompts in Unity Connection1.x

I didn't find it in Windows system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: