cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

two networks linked together one with internet one without internet

mikah.campbell
Level 1
Level 1

I have two separate networks. One is an MPLS network used for voice only between multiple sites. It is on a 192.168.2.x network. My data network is separate from my voice network. My data network is on a 10.0.1.x network. Our phone vendor now wants to gain remote access via Internet to access the phone system. To do this they need to connect to a particular PC through my data network. The MPLS network does not have Internet access but communicates between two other sites. My question is how can I get the PC to be accessible to my data nework for the vendor to access it through the Internet but also be able to connect to the MPLS network? I have a handful of routers that can be used.

3 Replies 3

dominic.caron
Level 5
Level 5

Can`t you just use two NIC in your workstation?

I did put two nics in the pc - but the pc would get confused because each nic had a different gateway. The PC would send all traffic out one NIC or the other. I tinkered around with the ROUTE command in Windows XP but still could not get it to work correctly. The PC kept wanting to use the default gateway on one NIC or the other. You may know how to correctly configure it - I could not figure it out.

Thanks for the help! I figured it out!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card