cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5520 stops passing traffic

mbookham
Level 1
Level 1

A couple of times now, an ASA5520 - Software Version 7.1(2) stops passing traffic (no changes made to the ASA for weeks). The interfaces are up/up (one is connected to a 3750 (full/1000Mbps) and the other to a LES100 circuit (full/100Mbps) and no errors are on the interfaces. I can ping from the ASA GUI tools option to remote devices, but cannot ping or telnet through the ASA (normally I can). There are duplicate SYN packet messages which implies to me that the packets are being re-transmitted with no response (indicates a physical connectivity issue - powered off the LES100 circuit but still a problem). A power off/on fixes the issue, but a reload doesn't.

Can someone give me some pointers where I can start to look the next time this occurs?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Traffic through the ASA also stops a passing.

The problem is resolved after rebooting the ASA.

If this is the case then you are hitting this bug CSCse08133

The only solution is to upgrade your IOS

Thanks for taking the time to reply, however that BUG ID is not the issue:

CSCse08133 Bug Details

SSH and other to the box traffic denied because of no connection

Symptom:

After a period of time, administrators are unable to SSH, or ping the interface

of the security appliance.

Conditions:

SSH or ping were successfully working before, but stopped. Checking the syslogs

indicates that the to-the-box traffic is being denied as through-the-box traffic.

Workaround:

Re-enter the IP address on the interface.

My issue is:

I can still access the box ok, but no traffic is passing through it. I can ping devices on both interfaces from the ASA itself.

Hi,

I have the same identical problem, I'd like to know if you have resolved the problem.

Thank you, and sorry if I could help you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: