cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Notification without Unified Communication

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

Can someone tell me my options for notification of voice messages if we are not unified enabled? Unity 4.2.1

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If you want to do a second line on your phone and have messages sent to that extension that is possible. However this will need to be a shared line.

You will only get the mail icon on the display. No red light.

Make a tech support subscriber in Unity and configure the lines on the phones in ccm.

rlp

View solution in original post

Ahh, now I think I understand. Sorry for the earlier confusion.

Take a look at this link. It's an older doc, but should still be mostly applicable:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a008015ceec.shtml#steps

Essentially, you can have something like a GDM notify alternate extensions, or you could create rules that would forward message copies to other boxes as well.

Is this more along the lines of what you are hoping to do?

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

jguggehe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good afternoon,

There are a variety of notification options available within Unity.

Please see the following which briefly outlines the notifications available:

Cisco Unity System Administration Guide (With Microsoft Exchange), Release 4.0(5) - Subscriber Settings 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/administration/guide/ex/sag_0170.html#wp1150199

If you found this post helpful, please rate it.

Thanks,

John

Thanks, but I guess what I was looking for is. Can I get notification of a voicemail on my line apperance? Or receive an email that alerts me to check a certain voicemail?

Hmm, maybe I'm not quite understanding what it is you are trying to accomplish.

You want this to be done based on a certain message criteria - not just for any message received?

If I recall correctly, you can have specific actions if the message is marked as important vs. what you have happen for general messages, but beyond that I'm not sure.

Let me clarify

If I check a second voicemail box, say for tech support and I want to get notified on my phone by lighting up the second line when this box has a voicemail. Is this possible?

I was also wondering if it's possible to open this voicemail box up in outlook?

If you want to do a second line on your phone and have messages sent to that extension that is possible. However this will need to be a shared line.

You will only get the mail icon on the display. No red light.

Make a tech support subscriber in Unity and configure the lines on the phones in ccm.

rlp

Thanks guys for the fast response, so there is no way to get my line to light up when there is a message on this alternate ext. I guess that makes sense

Ahh, now I think I understand. Sorry for the earlier confusion.

Take a look at this link. It's an older doc, but should still be mostly applicable:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a008015ceec.shtml#steps

Essentially, you can have something like a GDM notify alternate extensions, or you could create rules that would forward message copies to other boxes as well.

Is this more along the lines of what you are hoping to do?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Daniel,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Randy and John :) This change will light the RED MWI Lamp as well.

You will just need to tweak the Message Lamp Setting in CCM for the xxxx (Support line) Line appearance on the IP Phones;

For the Line Setting on xxxx (on each phone that has the Support Line)-

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy - Light and Prompt

The RED Message Lamp will then work for this Secondary line. Otherwise you will just get the "Flashing Envelope" Icon for new messages.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: