cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 or ATA 186 what is best choice?

etmarcof
Level 3
Level 3

I need analogues lines for intercom in LIFT's. (if lift stops and someone is inside press button and a call is made to a number to ask Help).

Also this analogue line will be used by Maintenance company of lifts to monitor status of lift so these type is a data connection.

What is more reliable to choose VG224 or ATA 186 for these two types of conneciton that i need? or are not supported?

Best Regards

MC

5 Replies 5

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Both are quite reliable. Personally I'd use a VG224 but it depends if you are going to use all the ports on it (if you are only using it for the lifts, is it worth the expense of paying for a 24port gateway?). The ATA's are a cheaper solution.

Generally the ATA's are used for small offices with only a few people and 1 or 2 faxes.

If it's just one lift in each hotel, have you thought about FXS interfaces?..

Hi,

This is big resort with many lifts in diferent locations, so my question regard VG224 is the distance beetween VG in DataCenter and lifts around resort (voltage problems...)

My question regarding ATA is that i know for fax it works well but for example for POS(Credit Card payment is not reliable) and Company that will manage the Lift's will do data connections to monitor status of Lift's that is my fear.

Regards

MC

katieraezer
Level 1
Level 1

I like the VG224 or the FXO ports integrated in the ISR router if I want to continue using the existing wiring. If a data drop (CAT5) is there already then the ATAs work great.

alijames
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

There are also new models of VG coming out VG202 & VG204, with 2 & 4 ports respectively. Found details by accident in the CUCM 7 documentation. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/gateways.html

Availability apparently late November.

Cheers,

Alistair

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: