cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Match Outgoing SIP Dial-Peer based on source caller

cmonks
Level 1
Level 1

I have an environment with several remote sites. I would like each site to have it's own outgoing dial-peer so that each can have it's own number translations and redirections.

So how can I match a dial peer based on the source caller? each site has a differenet extension range (1xx, 2xx, 3xx, etc.) So i am hoping i can setup my dial peers to say 'caller is 100, use dial peer 1. caller is 200, use dial peer 2'.

Any help would be appriciated.

5 Replies 5

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

if u have a case like

CME1----CMEA

CME2---CMA

CMEA---outside--SIP

this way u can match based on clling number as following

dial-peer voice 91 voip

answer-address 1..

session target

translation-profile

dial-peer voice 92 voip

answer-address 2..

session target

translation-profile

dial-peer voice 93 voip

answer-address 3..

session target

translation-profile

the idea is the use of answer address and u can put for each dia-peer its own translation profile--codec target and so on ...

good luck

if helpful Rate

I have tried using the answer-address, and it doesnt appear to have any effect.

I have a UC500 box, connected to an external SIP provider.

I have dial-peers setup just as you describe, however all calls are going through the first DP. If i shutdown this DP, the calls go through the second one just fine (and apply translations as designed).

So the answer-address does not appear to be solving my problem of picking an outgoing DP based on the internal extension (site) making the call.

no no

the naswer-address should be used in an incoming dial-peer !!

the is the thing

u can apply trnaslation pattren in CME on phone level as well !!!

so u can match the called number by that phone and translated as with dial-peer but on ephone level

Contacted TAC today, they recommended i use a corlist to allow/deny access to dial-peers. seems to be working pretty good so far.

it is a way to use it

which is right for sure

but when u have time to test try to make translation profile apply it in the inbound for answer-address or as i told u could use translation on the phone level as well

to advancce ur skills in this area :)

then let me know

good luck