cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Match Outgoing SIP Dial-Peer based on source caller

cmonks
Level 1
Level 1

I have an environment with several remote sites. I would like each site to have it's own outgoing dial-peer so that each can have it's own number translations and redirections.

So how can I match a dial peer based on the source caller? each site has a differenet extension range (1xx, 2xx, 3xx, etc.) So i am hoping i can setup my dial peers to say 'caller is 100, use dial peer 1. caller is 200, use dial peer 2'.

Any help would be appriciated.

5 Replies 5

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

if u have a case like

CME1----CMEA

CME2---CMA

CMEA---outside--SIP

this way u can match based on clling number as following

dial-peer voice 91 voip

answer-address 1..

session target

translation-profile

dial-peer voice 92 voip

answer-address 2..

session target

translation-profile

dial-peer voice 93 voip

answer-address 3..

session target

translation-profile

the idea is the use of answer address and u can put for each dia-peer its own translation profile--codec target and so on ...

good luck

if helpful Rate

I have tried using the answer-address, and it doesnt appear to have any effect.

I have a UC500 box, connected to an external SIP provider.

I have dial-peers setup just as you describe, however all calls are going through the first DP. If i shutdown this DP, the calls go through the second one just fine (and apply translations as designed).

So the answer-address does not appear to be solving my problem of picking an outgoing DP based on the internal extension (site) making the call.

no no

the naswer-address should be used in an incoming dial-peer !!

the is the thing

u can apply trnaslation pattren in CME on phone level as well !!!

so u can match the called number by that phone and translated as with dial-peer but on ephone level

Contacted TAC today, they recommended i use a corlist to allow/deny access to dial-peers. seems to be working pretty good so far.

it is a way to use it

which is right for sure

but when u have time to test try to make translation profile apply it in the inbound for answer-address or as i told u could use translation on the phone level as well

to advancce ur skills in this area :)

then let me know

good luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: