cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME serial configurations

roseeng69
Level 1
Level 1

We are upgrading our circuit from 16 channels to a full E1 with 30 channels. I am able to change the pri-group timeslots to 1-31. When I sh ip interface brief I see all the channels displayed. My question is does the int S0/0/0:15 need to be modified to s0/0/0:31 to reflect the other channels or will all the channels still be available under the S0/0/0:15?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

6 Replies 6

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

u dont need to change it

S0/0/0:15 is the one u need

basicly the channel 16 is the D channel for E1 if u use all chaneels or 4 channells

if helpful Rate

Hi Marwan,

Thanks so much for replying. I am changing from 16 channels to 31 channels. Doesn't the serial interface have to reflect the 31 channels instead of the 16? How would I make that change?

Thank you!

the channel 16 will remain the D channel regardless howmany channels u are running

if helpful Rate

for your information

pri-group timeslots (1-31) for E1. This command associates the specified timeslots as ISDN channels. If you do not specify timeslots, all B-channels are associated to the PRI group. It is important to understand that the D-channel is always added to the pri-group, even if it is not explicitly specified, because it is required for signaling

hope this helpful

Hi Marwan,

Thank you so much for your quick response. I appreciate all your help!

u welcome

please, rate the helpful post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: